There are so many benefits of working out at home (home gym workout). If you have a gym membership and are in a lockdown (like right now), but can’t afford the monthly fee or drive to and from the gym, then this article is for you! Home workouts are just as good as going to the gym. You’ll save money on gas and not have to worry about parking. All you need is some space in your house and a few essentials that will get you started right away. As we are all going into lockdown, here are some of the best home gym workout tips during a lockdown.
Home workouts also make it easier if you’re recovering from an injury because there’s no pressure to do anything beyond what feels comfortable for your body. So whether you want more time with family, less stress on your joints, or just like being able to work out whenever and wherever–read on for some helpful workout tips.
Home Gym Workout Essentials: What You Need
The good news is a lot of the things you need for a home gym can be things you already have at home, like chairs and towels or even if you don’t have those items, they are cheap to purchase. Here’s what I mean:
Chairs – to use as a step or aerobic bench
– to use as a step or aerobic bench Towels – for exercises like sit-ups, crunches and leg lifts
– for exercises like sit-ups, crunches and leg lifts
A Wall – For push up variations pull-ups and abdominal workouts
Here’s what you may need to get to create your own home gym:
A Yoga Mat – For floor exercises
– For floor exercises A Resistance Band – For resistance band workouts (which are a great way to workout at home)
Home Workout Tips: How To Select Exercises And Routines
When you work out at home, you’re limited by space. Just think about the room you have available in your house or apartment. Are you able to jump around and move freely? Do you have chairs, a table or anything similar that can be used for exercises like sit-ups and crunches? These are all things you want to consider when deciding what type of workouts to do at home.
A lot of the time your workout routine will be based on how much space you have available in your home. Here are a few examples:
If you live in a studio apartment, where space is limited, you may want to stick with exercises like wall sits, squats and lunges. If it’s easier to workout at home when the kids are away or sleeping – then do some strength training routines like bicep curls, chest presses and leg lifts.
Home Workout Tips: Routines & Exercises You Can Do At Home
Once you’ve thought about what type of home gym you want to create, it’s time to start your workout routine and exercises. Here are some practical things to remember when doing a home workout:
Work out in the morning or evening when you have more energy.
– If you’ve just woken up, then do some light cardio like walking or jogging on the treadmill. You can also try jumping around with no resistance to get your blood flowing and warm up before doing any other type of workout.
– After a long day at work it’s hard to find the energy to do anything. So after you finish your dinner, try doing some light cardio or yoga as a way to wind down for the night.
– If you wake up early in the morning, then it’s easy to find time for a quick workout before work. You can even create an ab routine that requires little equipment like crunches and sit-ups.
Breathe In as you lift, breathe out when lowering the weight or your body to the floor. This will help make sure you’re using the correct form so you don’t injure yourself!
– List some easy to do exercises that require little equipment like push-ups, squats and lunges. These are all great strength training exercises that you can do in your home.
– If you want to lose weight while also toning your body, then pick a few cardio routines like jumping rope, running on the treadmill or jogging in place. Keep it fast-paced and tired so you burn more calories faster!
You never know when you might need a home gym. Whether you’re trying to save money, have less stress on your joints or just like the ability to work out anytime and anywhere – this article includes some helpful workout tips you can use in your home.